What is this cookie magic!? This recipe makes the perfect cookie.
It’s almost like a brownie, but in cookie form. It’s perfectly crunchy on the outside, with a gooey bite inside.
This is the kind of cookie that you make and your family eats them off the cookie sheet as they come out of the oven… then you have to wait 10 min longer to get one when the next batch comes out.
They are, “why didn’t you make more?” kind of perfect.
Without further ado…
The best chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie
View the original recipe here.
- 1 cup butter, softened (I used 1/2 cup butter 1/2 shortening)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.