This cookie is the best. It is my go-to recipe for everything. Need something for the bake sale? New neighbors? Office party? This cookie has you covered.
There is something nostalgic about a simple chocolate chip cookie. This cookie doesn’t disappoint.
This cookie has been made over 28,000 times according to the allrecipes.com site.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Submitted by Dora on allrecipes.com you can find the recipe here.